Terms and Conditions
This website is owned and operated by Celeste Artisans Limited, trading as Le Tarot Spirits (the “Company”)
Celeste Artisans Limited, Unit 42, Silk Mill Business Park, Brook Street, Tring, HP23 5EF Celeste Artisans Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 13177426, incorporated 03 February 2020. To contact us, email email@example.com
Le Tarot Spirits is a registered trademark in the UK UK00003614335, effective as of the date 22 March 2021 and has been entered in the register on 20 August 2021.
The Company is not currently registered under the Alcohol Wholetrade Registration Scheme (AWRS), or under the Warehouse keepers and Owners of Warehoused Goods Regulations (WOWGR). All advertisements and any sales made by the Company are to consumers only and are not to be offered for re-sale.
Director of Celeste Artisans Ltd and UK resident Benjamin Richard Thorne holds a Licensing Act 2003 Personal Licence (Part 1), under the License Number 2021/03694/02SPEN, issued on 09/06/2021
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WEBSITE USE
Any use by you of the Le Tarot website at www.letarot-spirits.com (the “Website”) is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, policies and other notices identified and set out on the Website.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to users, viewers and all people who access this Website. Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. Using the Website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the Website.
TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE YOU MUST BE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU ARE VIEWING THIS SITE. IF YOU ARE NOT, DO NOT ENTER THIS SITE.
All references to "our", "us", "we" or "Company" within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to Celeste Artisans Limited trading as Le Tarot Spirits, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
1. You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website are only open to you if you register.
2. The Company may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.
3. It is your responsibility periodically to review this page for updates to these Terms & Conditions, which shall come into effect once posted. Your continued use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy & Cookies Notices.
4. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation trade marks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials and bottle designs) are owned or licenced by the Company.
5. Without limitation, the trademarks and all related logos, labels, bottle designs and all other intellectual property associated with the Le Tarot spirits brand are owned by the Company.
6. Without prejudice to clause 4 of these Terms and Conditions, any other product names and images used in this Website are for identification purposes only. All trademarks and registered trademarks included in such product names and images are the property of their respective owners.
7. Material from this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, commercially exploited or adapted in any way without the prior written consent of the Company.
8. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved in full.
SERVICE ACCESS & ACCEPTABLE USE
9. The Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily or permanently without notice.
10. Without prejudice to Clause 9, the Company reserves the right to suspend, terminate or restrict access to the Website if these Terms and Conditions are breached.
11. You shall keep any passwords and usernames allocated to you confidential and the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the username and password if the Company suspects non-compliance by you with these Terms and Conditions.
12. You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website: in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent effect; to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any form of spam; to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; to undertake any other activity that would contravene the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (UK).
13. Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under our Privacy & Cookies Notices, where you are invited to submit any contribution to this Website (including without limitation any text, graphics, video or audio) you grant the Company a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, communicate to the public and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, consistent with privacy restrictions set forth in the Company’s Privacy & Cookies Notice. If you do not wish to grant such rights to the Company, you should not submit your contribution to this Website.
14. By submitting your content to this Website, you also:
warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Company for all the purposes specified above; and agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Website and the other purposes specified above.
15. You agree not to submit any contribution that is not original to you or otherwise infringes the rights of, or that restricts or inhibits the use and enjoyment of this Website by, any third party. Your use and submission must not be unlawful, nor may it harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and will not contain obscene or offensive content or disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within this Website.
16. You will not, nor will you encourage any other party, to make any statement or introduce any contribution which includes: swearing and/or unacceptable, indecent, defamatory, threatening, violent or discriminatory (based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical or mental disability) language; discussions that encourage, promote or provide information about illegal or criminal activities (including but not limited to pornography, explosives, weapons, violence, drugs, programming viruses, computer hacking and copyright infringement); posting of addresses for other web sites or content that infringes any third party's intellectual property rights; exchanging telephone numbers or home addresses, the harassment of other users of the site (either privately or in a public forum), or the impersonation of our staff, celebrities or any other characters; actions that would disrupt or impair the functioning, stability or security of the site (including but not limited to the introduction of viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan horses or any other form of contaminants); advertisements, promotions, unsolicited approaches, or any other use of the site for unauthorized commercial purposes; and any derogatory remarks about the Company or the site.
17. You agree to indemnify the Company against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Company as a result of a breach or suspected breach by you of any of the Terms or the rights of any third party or any violation by you of any law.
18. Although we ask all Website users to adhere to these Terms, you acknowledge that other users may submit material that you consider offensive or objectionable. The Company assumes no responsibility or liability for the individual user content submitted to the Website and such submissions do not represent the views of the Company.
19. In contributing to our Website you agree to grant us a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
20. Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. The Company has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
21. While the Company endeavors to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with the Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law).
22. Subject to Clause 23, the Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), and any of the Company’s group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit the Company’s liability for: death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company, its directors, agents, officers or representatives; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts although the Company retains the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Issue Date: 08 November 2021
Celeste Artisans Limited, trading as Le Tarot Spirits (“we”; “us”; “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information at all times in everything we do.
We are the data controllers in respect of the personal information which we hold about you. As data controllers, we are responsible for determining the purposes for which we use the information we hold about you.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”), this privacy notice sets out how we use your information in the course of operating our business and also sets out your legal rights in relation to the information we hold about you.
This privacy notice applies to our use of any personal information which we may collect from you through your use of this website, including any information you may provide when you purchase any product or service from us, sign up to our newsletters or take part in any competition or promotion sponsored by us. In addition, this privacy notice applies to our use of any information about you which we may collect from you via face-to-face communication, post, phone, email, social media or any other means of communication (including any form of electronic communication). This privacy notice also applies to any information about you which we may collect from any third party in the course of running our business.
The information we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer a number of different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data includes [name, title, date of birth and gender].
Contact Data includes [billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers].
Financial Data includes [bank account and payment card details].
Transaction Data includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased / ordered from us, such as distillery tours].
Technical Data includes [internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
Profile Data includes [details of your username and password as a registered user of our website; purchases or orders made by you in relation to any products or services; subscriptions by you to any newsletters or to any products or services we provide; details of any interests, preferences, survey responses, feedback or complaints which you have communicated to us; and details which you have provided in relation to taking part in any competition or promotion sponsored by us].
Usage Data includes [information about how you use our website, products and services].
Marketing and Communications Data includes [name, email address, your preferences in receiving marketing materials, promotions and/or newsletters from us and your communication preferences].
We may also be required to process additional information about you from time to time in the course of operating our business where this is necessary for the purposes of administering our business correctly and/or promoting our products and services effectively.
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered from us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How your information is collected
We will mainly collect personal information about you through direct interactions with you. You may give us your personal information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us through our website or by post, phone, email, social media or any other means of communication (including any form of electronic communication). This includes personal information you provide when you: (i) order / purchase our products or services; (ii) register / create an account on our website; (iii) subscribe to receive our products, services, publications or newsletters; (iv) request marketing materials to be sent to you; (v) enter a competition, promotion or survey; or (vi) provide us with any feedback or other communications.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies provided by squarespace.com.
We may also collect information about you from other entities in our group, from our business partners and from various other third-party service providers, including but not limited to professional advisers, analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers, fraud prevention and credit reference agencies and providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your personal information changes at any time during your relationship with us.
How we use your information
We will only use your personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into, or have entered into with you.
Where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those legitimate interests.
Where we need to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement.
We may also use consent as a lawful basis for providing you with marketing communications in certain circumstances. For further details, please see the Marketing section below.
Please note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you require details about the specific lawful ground we are relying on to process your personal information where more than one lawful ground has been set out in the table below.
We may use your personal information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services, promotions and/or offers may be relevant for you for the purposes of marketing.
You will receive marketing materials from us if you have requested this information from us. You may also receive marketing materials from us if you have purchased products or services from us (e.g. distillery tours), or engaged in negotiations with us in connection with our products or services, or if you have provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing materials. In these circumstances, we will provide you with marketing materials on the lawful basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in developing and promoting our products and services and growing our business.
If you have provided us with your details and none of the above circumstances apply, you will only receive marketing materials, email newsletters or email promotions from us in circumstances where you have provided an opt-in consent which confirms that you want to receive such marketing from us. In these circumstances, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Opting out of marketing
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you object to such processing, we will cease to process your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing materials at any time by: (i) following the opt-out links on any marketing communication, email message or email newsletter sent to you; or (ii) contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we retain your information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Disclosures of your information
We may need to share your information with various third parties which provide services to us or act on our behalf in connection with the operation of our business. In particular, your information may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
Other entities in our corporate group.
Professional advisers (including legal advisers and financial advisers), auditors, insurers, bankers, and financial organisations.
Other third party service providers which provide services to us in connection with the operation of our business, including but not limited to: IT and system administration services and other technical services; website development services; data storage services; digital marketing and email deployment services; tour booking services; customer fulfilment services; logistics, distribution and delivery services; data analytics services; fraud prevention and credit reference services; and payment processing and receipt processing services.
Trade associates and business partners.
Third parties with whom we may enter into negotiations in respect of a commercial agreement, e.g. joint business venture.
Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
HM Revenue & Customs or any other public authority or regulatory authority in circumstances where we are required to disclose personal information by law.
We require all third-party service providers to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not permit our third-party service providers to use your information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
International data transfers
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, e.g. if we use third party service providers from another country. In these circumstances we shall put in place suitable safeguards to ensure that your information is held securely.
Your legal rights in relation your information
Under the GDPR, you have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information which we hold about you. We respect your legal rights in relation to your information and aim to uphold your rights in everything we do. Your legal rights under the GDPR include the following:
Subject access right – You can ask us to provide you with a copy of the personal information which we hold about you and a description of how we use your information.
Right to rectification – If you believe any information we hold about you may be inaccurate or incomplete, you can require us to rectify these inaccuracies.
Right to erasure / Right to be forgotten – You can require us to erase your information in certain circumstances. However, please note that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Right to data portability – Where we process your information using automated means of processing on the basis of your consent or for the purposes of performing a contract with you, you can request that we supply such information to another party in a machine-readable format.
Right to restriction of processing – You can require us to restrict or suspend our processing of your information in certain limited circumstances.
Right to object to processing – Where we process your information on the lawful basis that such processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances.
Right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes – You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your information for direct marketing purposes. If you object to us processing your information for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your information for such purposes.
Right to withdraw consent – If we process your information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your information. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your information carried out before you withdraw your consent.
How to contact us
Please get in touch if you have any questions about how we use your information, or you wish to contact us about your legal rights or if you have any complaints or feedback about our use of your information. Please contact us at any time by sending an email to us at email@example.com .
If you wish to submit a complaint or express any concerns about our use of your information, please contact us in the first instance. We will do our best to address your concerns to your satisfaction. However, if you feel that we have not resolved your complaint or addressed your concerns, please note that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Please note that we may update this privacy notice at any time. Any changes to this privacy notice will be posted on our website, and where appropriate, notified to you by email.
December 2022 promotions Terms and Conditions
A. These terms and conditions are supplemental to the foregoing terms and conditions, and unless otherwise agreed by the Company, are for the purpose of setting out the limitations of the Company's promotions relating to the period from 01 December 2022 to 20 December 2022 ("the Period") including, but not limited to, promotions and offers relating to the launch of the Company's Lune Gin.
B. Any promotional code offered by the Company during the Period shall be valid for multiple uses up to and including the expiry date of the Period.
C. Any promotional code offered by the Company during the Period shall remain valid until noon on 20 December 2022 (the expiry date of the Period), and shall have no effect thereafter.
D. Any promotional offers made by the Company over the Period shall be wholly subject to availability. In the event that a product or products are unavailable, the Company will use its reasonable endeavours to offer purchasers suitable alternative product or products to the same value. Notwithstanding this clause D, the Company does not warrant that all product lines will remain in stock or be replenished in the event that a particular product line becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever, and the Company shall have no liability to any customer/purchaser in such circumstances.
E. The Company shall not be liable for the effects and/or consequences of any shortages, industrial action, weather, acts of God, pandemic and/or epidemic.